Update: Dore Receives Additional Six Months In Prison

BVI Platinum News | 1 Opinions
Published: July 14, 2017 8:20 am AST
Photo Credit: BVI Platinum News
The court added an additional six months to Olanzo Dore’s stay at Her Majesty’s Prison, following his appearance at the Magistrate’s Court today, July 14.

Senior Magistrate Tamia Richards, in sentencing the accused for escaping lawful custody, ordered that he serve six months in prison.

Magistrate Richards stated that the sentence will run consecutive of any active sentence.

Earlier this week, Dore was ordered to serve six months in prison, for injuring a man last year, September 24, 2016.

He was charged for criminal damage and assault, occasioning actual bodily harm.

Previous Article Published July 14 - Dore Sentenced To Six Months For Assault

Olanzo Dore was ordered to serve six months in prison, for injuring a man last year, September 24, 2016.

Dore, a Kittitian, who now resides in the BVI, made an appearance before the Magistrate’s Court yesterday, July 13, to respond to the charges of criminal damage and assault, occasioning actual bodily harm.

Senior Magistrate Tamia Richards, who presided over the matter, sentenced the accused to serve six months in prison for each charge. The sentences are to run concurrently.

According to court records, the accused and the complainant were at a cook-out in Virgin Gorda, in September 2016, when they began exchanging words.

Allegedly, Dore took a pressure cooker cover and cuffed the man in his head, then ran away.

The man reportedly received an injury to the head, and five stitches as a result.

Meanwhile, Dore will return to court later today, July 14, for sentencing in the matter where he is charged for escaping lawful custody. He pleaded guilty to the offence in an earlier appearance.

Court records outline that on April 28, the accused was transferred from Her Majesty’s Prison to the Magistrate’s Court in Virgin Gorda, to make an appearance in a matter.

Sometime after his appearance, he was then transported to the St. Thomas Bay Jetty, in the custody of prison officers, where they awaited the boat to make their way to Tortola.

The court heard shortly after the boat arrived, Dore’s handcuffs were removed, which is when he made his escape.

Reportedly, before exiting the vehicle, Dore told the officer, “Boy Angie I gone.”

Dore turned himself in on Monday, May 1, at which point an interview was conducted. He told officers of the alleged beating he received in prison, adding that his fear motivated his escape.
Copyright 2017 by Virgin Islands Platinum News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Readers' Opinion

Please note that the opinions posted are the opinions of its author and does not reflect the views of the management, staff, parent company or sponsors of Virgin Islands Platinum News.